How to use the baroreflex training app
- visit the online baroreflex training app. It will automatically start.
- breathe in and out with the rising and falling light.
- breathe normally but slowly: don't breathe too deeply. You can tell you're breathing too deeply if you feel lightheaded.
When to use baroreflex training
- this training provides long-term benefits. Some people find it relaxing while they do it, but the primary purpose is to improve your underlying autonomic reflexes for long-term improvements, not for mere immediate relaxation.
- find a schedule that works for you. Some people do half an hour weekly, others do 5 minutes a day.
What is your autonomic system?
Your autonomic nervous system manages your automatic bodily processes — most importantly:
- your feeling of safety versus your feeling of stress (this heavily impacts how you relate to others)
- your heartbeat and blood pressure
- your sleep
- the foundation of your mental health
Your autonomic nervous system will generally deregulate with age, stress, or poor daily routine. Out of all the ways of improving it, baroreflex training provides the highest cost/benefit ratio.